Username: Password:
collapse

Click on the image to see our list of servers, their status, information and what you can get from voting!

Navigation

- Community Rules
- Server Down Thread
- Discord Chat
- Helpful Links
- TARDIS Help

* Donate

Minecraft Username:

Donation/Rank Info

Do you want to enter a custom amount?

* Recent Posts

Brosouskie's Ban appeal (reuploaded) by badSamuraiJack
[Today at 04:33:11 pm]

Unwanted Citizen Staff Application by Leo.
[Yesterday at 05:51:50 pm]

[Vilous] Dual grief report by ProWhovian
[June 22, 2019, 07:21:14 pm]

Pixelmon Ideas and Suggestions by GentlerPVP
[June 21, 2019, 05:07:27 pm]

[Vilous] Apply to be a mall cop here by SkitDum
[June 19, 2019, 04:46:55 am]

Heres a poem to any of your ex by ρ๏ℓ¥
[June 18, 2019, 08:53:25 pm]

Data transfer from phone to pc by Coaliz
[June 18, 2019, 03:34:22 am]

Mods that can be used for pixelmon by Leo.
[June 17, 2019, 06:04:15 am]

I'm back by GentlerPVP
[June 16, 2019, 08:41:04 pm]

Hello everyone! by Ernestas
[June 16, 2019, 02:32:10 pm]

hello it's ya boi by Ernestas
[June 16, 2019, 02:31:52 pm]

Ki's Staff Application [Accepted] by srgl
[June 16, 2019, 06:36:44 am]

For all the servers by Coaliz
[June 15, 2019, 01:26:52 am]

[DENIED] Kyle's staff application by bit2shift
[June 14, 2019, 05:50:34 pm]

[Vilous] Spawn protection Shop by Kyle420
[June 14, 2019, 02:29:34 pm]

Author Topic: [Pixelmon] GYMLEADERS  (Read 457 times)

Offline CoalizTopic starter

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 100
  • Bruh.
    • Click me :D
[Pixelmon] GYMLEADERS
« on: February 23, 2019, 05:53:41 pm »
I think it's about that time (now that the majority of the fundamentals are done) that we decide whether we want to have CPU gym leaders or User gym leaders, there are pros and cons to both

CPU:
Pros: Always on, easier, can make multiple at a time for more than one gym battler
Cons: easier.

User:
Pros: Have better parties, can be more of a challenge for challengers
Cons: Not on 24/7, will probably only be able to have 1 at a time due to the amount of people would would apply/people who play

We have a plugin that allows for gyms to be set up (both player, and cpu) so that part is taken care of, but I would like the community feedback for whether you want player or cpu leaders, or possibly both, in the case of an emergency (as the plugin allows there to be a head gym leader, who can do anything to their gym, and other leaders who can just battle)

(click to show/hide)

Offline TheKatanaYT

• SORB YouTuber
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
  • What's a friend?
    • Discord: KatanaYT#7345
Re: [Pixelmon] GYMLEADERS
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 06:15:38 pm »
CPU Gymleaders could be a good addition.
However, the computers almost never produce a challenge, and they make beating all the gyms too easy.
Not that it always does, but going against real players is probably going to be better for the people who like a challenge.
However CPU's would be a good replacement for any gym leader positions, that have not been taken.

Which is why I think there should be early gym leader applications. Or a tournament of some sort. So whoever wants to be a gym leader has to earn it. A mix of both would be fine.

First 4 Gyms should all be CPU.

Last 4 Gyms should all be Players.

For elite four there always needs to be one E4 member on and the rest can be CPU. (I'm not sure if this is possible but it would be good for time to become a master)

But I think having only Players or Only CPUs can kind of stink.

If it is only players, it takes way too much time, and some almost never come on at the same time as you. (I had that problem last time)

If it is only CPU's then there may not be any challenge involved and can be really boring.

Especially since we are on a server it can be really boring only fighting CPU's at times
"Sticks and stones are way to weak, and words will just destroy me. Accusations break my life then bats and clubs will break me. After that, I go to prison for something that never happened. Once that's done and I get out, I hang myself and I Have been forgotten. The way lives get destroyed..." -Katana, Master Of Death and Pain.

Offline Leo.

• VIP Donator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
  • Bug-Gymleader, Vip Donor
    • https://forum.sorbmc.com/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile;u=17210
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 07:00:53 pm »
I say real player gymleaders. Npc produce no challenge and players can easily get master. Add to that NPC Have no knowledge in what move they use. Its complete random so say. You could be lucky and have the gymleader use a move like growl.

me trying to impress somebody

Offline saed311

• Senior Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 09:27:30 pm »
why not have both?
i say use npc gls as a test for a player to be rdy for the actual gym- have them like be hidden around the world and players have to find them on their own and beat the gl to get a badge- have a player defeat a certain number of those gls (or all of them)- i mean that we should have a npc gym for each type (18) and after a player beats a certain amount of them (or all of them) and shows all the badges to get promoted to the next title (like from trainer to trainer+ or something like that).
after that its only gonna be real player gym leaders.

and about the npc gyms- u can code them to not have random moves and play more aggressive/tactical which makes them much more challenging- i dont mind doing so if u need help with that coal, it kinda takes some time (played around with it in a singleplayer world).

also about the ranks themselves- i think that with the new rank system it wouldnt be hard to make a chain like: trainer>trainer+>master>champion or something like this.

also i think that a player will only be able to apply for gl after he has beaten all of the npc gyms.
need new animes my list is kinda starting to run low
i like action and fantasy the most but if its a good anime ill watch anything.
msg me ur suggestions.

i watched over 3.5k anime episodes and still counting
(thats about 50 days)
the animes i watched: https://prnt.sc/fjbmzt
https://prnt.sc/fjbn3v https://prnt.sc/fjbn88
(ignore the colors its just something for me and my friends)

Offline Leo.

• VIP Donator
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 10:12:45 pm »
have them like be hidden around the world and players have to find them on their own
About that,i was online and warped to desert to explore then stumbled across a building with a sign that has the Heat badge. So it turned out to be a gym. So theres no need to add it tbh

Offline TL_gangsta

• Stone
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • Femily member,pretty prince of madness,lolimaster
    • Discord: Uncle Sheo#3674
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 10:17:52 pm »
I played on another server which uses both pc and npc gyms and from experience I can say, you must know what you are doing to beat them. once you find strat they are just like gls in original pokemon games.

It would be best to make 8 gyms with npc (or cpu? how y'all call it) and then have another 8 gyms with player gls. and please have no mercy with npc gl pokes.

although title challenger would be better instead of trainer+ imo
I'm a magical grill y'all
"Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick. It is a very delicate state of mind.

Offline CoalizTopic starter

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 100
  • Bruh.
    • Click me :D
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 03:27:18 am »
I found out earlier that I can set the CPU leaders parties to whatever poke I want, with whatever EVs/IVs that I want as well, if that helps with any of the decision making, I can also set their moves, and have them do moves in a certain fashion (with Generations, there's an algorithm that allows CPU to use the best move in whichever situation it's in) for as they'll work, no idea. Half the yotz in sponge doesn't, so I'm not 100% confident that it'll work in any way shape or form.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Leo.

• VIP Donator
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 09:54:43 am »
I found out earlier that I can set the CPU leaders parties to whatever poke I want, with whatever EVs/IVs that I want as well, if that helps with any of the decision making, I can also set their moves, and have them do moves in a certain fashion (with Generations, there's an algorithm that allows CPU to use the best move in whichever situation it's in) for as they'll work, no idea. Half the yotz in sponge doesn't, so I'm not 100% confident that it'll work in any way shape or form.
I like the idea but i have played other servers with cpu gls and they CAN break and glitch quite easily. So its best to have real.

Offline R3nGaR

• Retired Staff Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 10:15:43 am »
First of all you can make NPCs use the correct move. Although, they would use only 1 team since they cant really change it. You can do experiment battles to see what it does. For example if you Lead with Lopunny and they have empoleon, they can switch to Garchomp ( JUST AN EXAMPLE) and then you just get to know what it does. On your next battle knowing he would switch you will just ice punch with loppuny instead of High jump kicking the Empoleon which will give you a massive advantage. Players can be predicted too but they wouldn't make the same mistake twice. We can have set of NPC gyms which give badges and once you obtain all of the NPC badges then you can challenge the actual user gyms. NPC are easy to beat and you cannot argue with that.

Offline saed311

• Senior Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2019, 04:33:21 pm »
although title challenger would be better instead of trainer+ imo
yeah ik- was just saying trainer+ as an example and not an actual title.

I like the idea but i have played other servers with cpu gls and they CAN break and glitch quite easily. So its best to have real.
which is why u could have the trainer battle-able each mc day or each rl day that way even if it got gliched with u ull have another chance.

First of all you can make NPCs use the correct move. Although, they would use only 1 team since they cant really change it. You can do experiment battles to see what it does. For example if you Lead with Lopunny and they have empoleon, they can switch to Garchomp ( JUST AN EXAMPLE) and then you just get to know what it does. On your next battle knowing he would switch you will just ice punch with loppuny instead of High jump kicking the Empoleon which will give you a massive advantage. Players can be predicted too but they wouldn't make the same mistake twice. We can have set of NPC gyms which give badges and once you obtain all of the NPC badges then you can challenge the actual user gyms. NPC are easy to beat and you cannot argue with that.
this is exactly what im thinking- having a set of npc gl b4 rl gls to c if the player is even ready to challenge real ppl cuz if a player cant beat the npcs he shouldnt be rdy to challenge real ppl.
also about reading the npcs next move- u can set it to have a full team of 6 but in battle only use 3 (the player aswell), and those 3 would be radomized from the pool of mons it got- that way itll become harder to read the npc.

the only problem with npcs that i c is that 1 player can make a team to beat the gym and then trade it to another player or beat the gym again and give the badge to a diff player (this is only a problem with the npcs since the rl gls would be much smarter with the players and remember teams).
msg me ur suggestions.

(thats about 50 days)

Offline R3nGaR

• Retired Staff Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2019, 06:19:53 pm »
Npc gyms can be made to be battled only once for a period of time----- (forever) but the problem still is that they are predictable and they cannot predict you. And lets just have the battles 6v6 with held items so its actually more strategy based and punishes mistakes more.

Offline Leo.

• VIP Donator
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2019, 08:40:36 pm »
Unless you decide to add npc gymleaders. One suggestion i want to say is having it look like the games. Include trainers and mazes to get to the gymleader. And the player MUST disable their leveling. Otherwise as we all know disqualification.

Offline saed311

• Senior Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2019, 09:07:45 pm »
Npc gyms can be made to be battled only once for a period of time----- (forever) but the problem still is that they are predictable and they cannot predict you. And lets just have the battles 6v6 with held items so its actually more strategy based and punishes mistakes more.

i think that the 6v6 battles should be saved to the rl gls.
in my mind the npc gls are just a stepping stone for ppl so having them randomize a 3 mon team out of the pool of mons they have would make it a bit harder to predict since u wont know what would be randomized.
also about the held items i dont c a reason why u cant use them in both of the gym types- though they would only really shine during the rl gl battles since it would rly more on strategy and less on luck.
msg me ur suggestions.

(thats about 50 days)

Offline R3nGaR

• Retired Staff Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019, 08:01:37 am »
Yeah do whatever for the NPCs just have 6v6 battle with held items, and you can maybe allow the usage of up to 2 legendaries on both sides if you want.

Offline saed311

• Senior Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2019, 10:07:22 am »
Yeah do whatever for the NPCs just have 6v6 battle with held items, and you can maybe allow the usage of up to 2 legendaries on both sides if you want.

Dont think that the legends are a good idea for the gyms (u wouldnt be able to even use them till the later ones anyways).
Maybe in the e4 and even then without allowing the rly busted ones
msg me ur suggestions.

(thats about 50 days)

Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Do not discuss ban disputes or any applications in the shoutbox. We do not solve them here!
  • badSamuraiJack: yes
    Today at 05:37:20 pm
  • FaresSpeed: HUG
    June 21, 2019, 09:17:12 pm
  • FaresSpeed: POLY ALIVE
    June 21, 2019, 09:17:06 pm
  • rosaline: Who’s poly?
    June 21, 2019, 05:14:23 pm
  • ρ๏ℓ¥: hullo
    June 19, 2019, 10:16:40 pm
  • Ernestas: helo poly :D
    June 19, 2019, 09:33:59 am
  • Pogwas: lies i dont know you
    June 19, 2019, 04:36:11 am
  • ρ๏ℓ¥: oh how the times have changed
    June 18, 2019, 08:54:32 pm
  • ρ๏ℓ¥: lol my first post here was about the homeless shelter
    June 18, 2019, 08:54:24 pm
  • ρ๏ℓ¥: actually nvm 90% of staff are old people
    June 18, 2019, 08:50:49 pm
  • ρ๏ℓ¥: no i mean you right not many people know me here anymore
    June 18, 2019, 08:49:51 pm
  • Leo.: Jk
    June 17, 2019, 07:19:50 pm
  • Leo.: Good point. No one even knows you
    June 17, 2019, 07:19:39 pm
  • ρ๏ℓ¥: who said anyone understood me in the first place leo
    June 17, 2019, 06:33:00 pm
  • ProWhovian: owo
    June 17, 2019, 05:07:40 pm
  • ProWhovian: do it
    June 17, 2019, 05:07:36 pm
  • Simply MK: if you want I can get it back to 0 again
    June 17, 2019, 03:23:27 pm
  • Leo.: No one even understands you anymore poly.
    June 17, 2019, 01:59:50 am
  • ρ๏ℓ¥: oh hey I have 969 posts again
    June 17, 2019, 12:46:27 am
  • ρ๏ℓ¥: noot noot
    June 17, 2019, 12:38:08 am