Username: Password:
collapse

Click on the image to see our list of servers, their status, information and what you can get from voting!

Navigation

- Community Rules
- Server Down Thread
- Discord Chat
- Helpful Links
- TARDIS Help

* Donate

Minecraft Username:

Donation/Rank Info

Do you want to enter a custom amount?

* Recent Posts

[FTB Revelations] New server by Dutchy
[October 13, 2019, 07:29:46 pm]

cannot enter tardis by badSamuraiJack
[September 26, 2019, 05:45:52 am]

Brosouskie's Ban Appeal 2 [Denied] by srglOS
[September 08, 2019, 09:40:19 am]

FTB Ultimate Reloaded Sever Bug Thread by Foxpal
[September 01, 2019, 11:26:57 pm]

Wayyvvee's Ban Appeal [ACCEPTED] by Dutchy
[August 31, 2019, 05:01:42 pm]

Haydencraft101 Ban Appeal [ACCEPTED] by Dutchy
[August 31, 2019, 04:48:43 pm]

I need answers? by ρ๏ℓ¥
[August 30, 2019, 11:03:11 pm]

Inactive - PhayZr by PhayZr
[August 28, 2019, 07:54:15 pm]

[Resignation] by ProWhovian
[August 21, 2019, 05:14:41 pm]

Inactive Soon by Pogwas
[August 21, 2019, 02:03:39 am]

Any tech guy/gal can help me out?[Inactivity until it's fixed] by bit2shift
[August 21, 2019, 01:25:58 am]

/home by TL_gangsta
[August 19, 2019, 11:38:41 am]

[FTB Ultimate Reloaded] Updates by Horamberg
[August 13, 2019, 07:17:28 am]

xPqge by Simply MK
[August 11, 2019, 02:38:26 am]

Pixelmon issues by Pogwas
[August 05, 2019, 02:09:53 am]

Author Topic: Problem/Resolution?  (Read 703 times)

Offline Unwanted_CitizenTopic starter

• Junior Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
    • Discord: Citi#1967
Problem/Resolution?
« on: July 01, 2019, 09:40:47 pm »
I've come to realized that the number of player in pixelmon has decreased alot from previous years.
We need to come up with some sort of idea to get back players to join.
It's not impossible because in 1.7 pixelmon, SORB use to have 10/15 players online during weekends,
and atleast 5+ on weekdays.

This should be a focus of ours

Offline ProWhovian

• Senior Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • A good death is better than a bad life
    • Discord: ProWhovian#1318
Re: Problem/Resolution?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 10:37:08 pm »
Ya dont say

• Junior Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 10:43:02 pm »

Offline Brosouskie

• Sandstone
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Discord: Brosouskie
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 01:16:43 am »
It's not just pixelmon it's all of the servers, players that stick around are one of the rarest breeds these days

Offline Pogwas

• Junior Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Discord: Pogwas#4928
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 01:17:38 am »

Offline badSamuraiJack

• Mad Samurai
  • Elite Donator
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
  • I'm a mad, bad Samurai named Jack.
    • Discord: badSamuraiJack#9743
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 01:28:36 am »
I am the son of Aku's magic. He has looked deep within you and has spawned me from your own burning hatred. I am your dark side and I have possessed all the powers that you wield and I have only one purpose in my existence: To destroy you!
—Mad Jack, Episode VIII: Jack versus Mad Jack

Offline Ernestas

• Ultimate Donator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 26
  • -Receive: 6
  • the drunk russian guy
    • Discord: Ernestas_Perense #1894
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 10:42:14 am »
Compare SORB Pixelmon to any other pixelmon server, you'll see why sorb doesn't have many players. It's just that it needs tons and tons of work, and very good work.
*insert yotzty gif here*

Offline Leo.

• VIP Donator
  • Thank You
  • Bug-Gymleader, Vip Donor
    • https://forum.sorbmc.com/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile;u=17210
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 04:06:33 pm »
Nearly 60% of sorb give a crap about pixel, and because of the server resets pixel loses players due to how much work and effort was lost. Just deal with it. If you wanna advertise the server go ahead. But will it get pixel back to its original roots?

me trying to impress somebody

• Junior Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 04:46:06 pm »
Nearly 60% of sorb give a crap about pixel, and because of the server resets pixel loses players due to how much work and effort was lost. Just deal with it. If you wanna advertise the server go ahead. But will it get pixel back to its original roots?
Compare SORB Pixelmon to any other pixelmon server, you'll see why sorb doesn't have many players. It's just that it needs tons and tons of work, and very good work.

I mean if Pixelmon gets back it's core players wont that lay a foundation?
Like atleast 5-10 active players that votes everyday,couldn't that work?
I mean i'm alot along with Corbuss and Gentle, and for the past week we had 2 new players join.
But if we get back our regular folks online, when someone join and they see players on, wont they stay?
Like you Leo, why don't you play pixelmon anymore, you was one of our core players, it use to me me, you and toxic on mostly.

Offline Leo.

• VIP Donator
  • Thank You
  • Bug-Gymleader, Vip Donor
    • https://forum.sorbmc.com/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile;u=17210
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 05:30:45 pm »

I mean i'm alot along with Corbuss and Gentle, and for the past week we had 2 new players join.
But if we get back our regular folks online, when someone join and they see players on, wont they stay?
Like you Leo, why don't you play pixelmon anymore, you was one of our core players, it use to me me, you and toxic on mostly.
I cant play because my computer is broken
Add to that some members that are in sorb probably found a server that is active and has giveaways. And like i said. Because sorb isnt that well known (dont include how many members it has). Pixel may or may not have its foundation built. Because of the necessary resets and updates to pixel (which i am not putting the blame on) the players lost their interest in this server. And trust me when i say that 1.7.10 had to be the most active pixel would ever be (Even though 1.7.2 had a lot of active players but not too often)

I get how you want pixel to be full again. Your only hope is either advertising the server or convincing old players rejoin the community and play again. But really. The whole mod is dead and not because of the new pokes added or anything. But because Nearly ALL servers DOES NOT have some sort of story or adventure related thing. Its like playing survival but with catching pokes. If anything the sorb pixel server itself needs to change. And to me. Its time this whole community needs to step up and get their servers filled with players.

me trying to impress somebody

Offline ProWhovian

• Senior Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 04:37:27 pm »
I agree with Leo it isnt really the fact that SORB isn't well known (but kinda is) but the mod is kinda dead like if you compare Vilous to Pixelmon, Vilous has quite a few players because it drags in new players. We just need to find a way to get players there.Like Ian Malcom said ''Life finds a way''

• Junior Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2019, 06:48:18 pm »

Add to that some members that are in sorb probably found a server that is active and has giveaways. And like i said. Because sorb isnt that well known (dont include how many members it has). Pixel may or may not have its foundation built. Because of the necessary resets and updates to pixel (which i am not putting the blame on) the players lost their interest in this server. And trust me when i say that 1.7.10 had to be the most active pixel would ever be (Even though 1.7.2 had a lot of active players but not too often)

I get how you want pixel to be full again. Your only hope is either advertising the server or convincing old players rejoin the community and play again. But really. The whole mod is dead and not because of the new pokes added or anything. But because Nearly ALL servers DOES NOT have some sort of story or adventure related thing. Its like playing survival but with catching pokes. If anything the sorb pixel server itself needs to change. And to me. Its time this whole community needs to step up and get their servers filled with players.
I agree with Leo it isnt really the fact that SORB isn't well known (but kinda is) but the mod is kinda dead like if you compare Vilous to Pixelmon, Vilous has quite a few players because it drags in new players. We just need to find a way to get players there.Like Ian Malcom said ''Life finds a way''

You're right leo, tbh i messaged some of our friends who use to play on SORB, and they told me they didn't even know SORB's pixelmon is up again.
I'm going around trying to get back our players atm. Wish me luck ig

Offline ProWhovian

• Senior Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2019, 11:47:00 pm »

You're right leo, tbh i messaged some of our friends who use to play on SORB, and they told me they didn't even know SORB's pixelmon is up again.
I'm going around trying to get back our players atm. Wish me luck ig

If you want luck then... Good luck

Offline ρ๏ℓ¥

• Hermit
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 27
  • Expose him! >o<
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2019, 12:03:40 am »
Back when I joined in 2014-2015, all of the servers (which we had around 5 then) had a decent 10-12 players on at a time. Vanilla was easy because you didn't have to install anything, and the PvP scene was godlike back then.

Pixel when we had a good amount of staff that were active (not throwing any of yall under the bus) and were actively interacting with players and such, I know for a fact that we had a ton of people there too.

Minecraft has taken a swan dive in popularity over the years, especially when it comes to PC Minecraft, what with Microsoft legit throwing new versions onto consoles all the time.
SORB has also seen a decrease in player count and so has the amount of quality gone into the servers.
I know creating, managing, and making a server look good is hard. Incredibly hard, I would even dare say, without the proper resources and staff members.

Honestly, it's hard to advertise people to come onto the server when no one is on in the first place.

When the community is dead, the server is too. When the staff members are dead, the server is too.

This server has seen its fair share of controversy, and that scared a lot of old players away, including staff members. I don't know how much my opinion means to this server, what with me being dead myself, but I think you should work on building up good staff, and from there just start inviting friends. After that happens, you can work on making the world look nicer, touch up on some of the plugins maybe, add some events when more people join. When the players see that the staff members are committed, they too will be committed.

That's just my two cents, rant about how I'm wrong I guess idc

• Junior Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2019, 01:56:03 am »
Back when I joined in 2014-2015, all of the servers (which we had around 5 then) had a decent 10-12 players on at a time. Vanilla was easy because you didn't have to install anything, and the PvP scene was godlike back then.

Pixel when we had a good amount of staff that were active (not throwing any of yall under the bus) and were actively interacting with players and such, I know for a fact that we had a ton of people there too.

Minecraft has taken a swan dive in popularity over the years, especially when it comes to PC Minecraft, what with Microsoft legit throwing new versions onto consoles all the time.
SORB has also seen a decrease in player count and so has the amount of quality gone into the servers.
I know creating, managing, and making a server look good is hard. Incredibly hard, I would even dare say, without the proper resources and staff members.

Honestly, it's hard to advertise people to come onto the server when no one is on in the first place.

When the community is dead, the server is too. When the staff members are dead, the server is too.

This server has seen its fair share of controversy, and that scared a lot of old players away, including staff members. I don't know how much my opinion means to this server, what with me being dead myself, but I think you should work on building up good staff, and from there just start inviting friends. After that happens, you can work on making the world look nicer, touch up on some of the plugins maybe, add some events when more people join. When the players see that the staff members are committed, they too will be committed.

That's just my two cents, rant about how I'm wrong I guess idc
This is the best comment so far, see we're getting somewhere...

In my opinion(not being rude), but the managers of the server needs to step-up, ik everyone has things to do, but there's alot needed to be done, this server is plain, and too basic for a pixelmon server.
We need to be different, to spice it up a bit.
We've recently gotten 5 active player back to the server, which may not seem big, but from before this is actually HUGE...

We just need the bigger heads to pay more attention(not being disrespectful),everyone needs to play a part in the making of this server, not just me not just the few of us commenting, we need a foundation, and that has to start with the higher heads/staff.

Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Do not discuss ban disputes or any applications in the shoutbox. We do not solve them here!
  • Dutchy: Just join discord, that yotz's still alive
    October 07, 2019, 02:30:46 pm
  • Leo.: Sike.
    September 26, 2019, 01:18:20 pm
  • Leo.: Haha good joke..
    September 26, 2019, 01:18:08 pm
  • badSamuraiJack: April Fools. SORB isn't really dead.
    September 26, 2019, 05:47:54 am
  • ρ๏ℓ¥: welp off to the phillipines for two years hopefully this place aint hecka dead by the time I get back
    September 25, 2019, 04:59:52 pm
  • Ernestas: ay
    September 12, 2019, 09:00:52 pm
  • Leo.: Has become? More like Already been
    September 10, 2019, 12:26:25 pm
  • Unwanted_Citizen: Sorb has become a ghost town, whyyyy???
    September 10, 2019, 04:39:05 am
  • CapIronHulkThor: IM trying to enter my tardis after creating it but when i enter it, it tells me "hey you are not permitted to enter this area". And i cant even destroy the tardis because i need a police box sign on it
    September 09, 2019, 01:57:22 am
  • S117: No, this is patrick
    September 01, 2019, 07:02:21 am
  • ρ๏ℓ¥: i s  t h a t  S i e r r a ?
    August 31, 2019, 07:00:13 pm
  • Milk: they were indeed
    August 31, 2019, 03:49:10 pm
  • S117: its weely weely quiet
    August 31, 2019, 05:15:52 am
  • ρ๏ℓ¥: those were the days weren't they my milky friend
    August 30, 2019, 10:50:25 pm
  • Milk: she was a beast
    August 30, 2019, 09:29:08 pm
  • Milk: lmao nobody could beat haley in kitpvp
    August 30, 2019, 09:29:00 pm
  • ρ๏ℓ¥: Albeit I got rekt by Haley 90% of the time
    August 30, 2019, 04:14:03 pm
  • ρ๏ℓ¥: KitPVP was the shiz man
    August 30, 2019, 04:13:50 pm
  • Leo.: Vanilla was great but people tended to enjoy factions and kitpvp more then anything else
    August 29, 2019, 09:01:02 pm
  • saul1337: i came back to sorb after 4 years and i wonder what happened to the vanilla serv also hollllly molllly everyone retired
    August 29, 2019, 09:47:57 am