Username: Password:
collapse

Click on the image to see our list of servers, their status, information and what you can get from voting!

Navigation

- Community Rules
- Server Down Thread
- Discord Chat
- Helpful Links
- TARDIS Help

* Donate

Minecraft Username:

Donation/Rank Info

Do you want to enter a custom amount?

* Recent Posts

Ernestelis Staff Application by Dutchy
[Today at 03:50:32 pm]

should have done this a long time ago by saed311
[November 01, 2019, 05:59:39 pm]

[Denied] Omerpokemon's Staff Application by srglOS
[October 30, 2019, 04:54:24 am]

[Vilous] If you need help with the TARDIS plugin by srglOS
[October 30, 2019, 04:28:49 am]

[FTB Revelations] New server by Dutchy
[October 18, 2019, 11:54:46 am]

cannot enter tardis by badSamuraiJack
[September 26, 2019, 05:45:52 am]

Brosouskie's Ban Appeal 2 [Denied] by srglOS
[September 08, 2019, 09:40:19 am]

FTB Ultimate Reloaded Sever Bug Thread by Foxpal
[September 01, 2019, 11:26:57 pm]

Wayyvvee's Ban Appeal [ACCEPTED] by Dutchy
[August 31, 2019, 05:01:42 pm]

Haydencraft101 Ban Appeal [ACCEPTED] by Dutchy
[August 31, 2019, 04:48:43 pm]

I need answers? by ρ๏ℓ¥
[August 30, 2019, 11:03:11 pm]

Inactive - PhayZr by PhayZr
[August 28, 2019, 07:54:15 pm]

[Resignation] by ProWhovian
[August 21, 2019, 05:14:41 pm]

Inactive Soon by Pogwas
[August 21, 2019, 02:03:39 am]

Any tech guy/gal can help me out?[Inactivity until it's fixed] by bit2shift
[August 21, 2019, 01:25:58 am]

Author Topic: I need answers?  (Read 660 times)

Offline TL_gangsta

• Stone
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • Femily member,pretty prince of madness,lolimaster
    • Discord: Uncle Sheo#3674
Re: I need answers?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2019, 10:10:00 am »
The world was created, and it was perfect. I'm sorry, but this just kills everyone's will to go through gyms, or make their own gym leader teams, and judging by the number of active players, it killed everyone's will to even play.
I'm a magical grill y'all
"Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick. It is a very delicate state of mind.

Offline Leo.

• VIP Donator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
  • Bug-Gymleader, Vip Donor
    • https://forum.sorbmc.com/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile;u=17210
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2019, 09:52:36 am »
The world was created, and it was perfect. I'm sorry, but this just kills everyone's will to go through gyms, or make their own gym leader teams, and judging by the number of active players, it killed everyone's will to even play.
Literally you can make a team to go through gyms with any pokemon. Like you can bring a Likilicky and still win. It doesnt matter what pokemon you should have. If warps goes. Sorb pixel still remains fun. Because it makes adventuring even more fun. Pixelmon or Minecraft

me trying to impress somebody

Offline TL_gangsta

• Stone
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
  • Femily member,pretty prince of madness,lolimaster
    • Discord: Uncle Sheo#3674
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2019, 11:01:29 am »
I'm not talking about current excuse for gyms with 1 actual gym leader while others are NPCs. I'm talking about how gyms should've been, before when pixel was still ver 3.5.1, when I made my team to be Bug GL, when I did countless trips to jungle warp and back just to hunt down enough perfect IV venipedes and yanmas and whatever else I needed. Back when everybody struggled to beat Flying gym, to this day skeri's gyarados gives me PTSD. Those were the good times, when staff actually made an effort and didn't have lives. I don't care about NPC GLs, i want actual human gym leaders, actual challenge. People actually wanted to come back, because of nostalgia or boredom or whatever their reason was, yet nobody tried to make server better and now it's dead again. Whenever I check dynmap 0 players are online (checked rn as I'm writing this, still 0/69).

One person didn't ruin the server, everyone had a part in it.
SORB is dead
I'm a magical grill y'all
"Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick. It is a very delicate state of mind.

Offline Coaliz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 101
  • Bruh.
    • Click me :D
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2019, 10:33:10 pm »
I'm not talking about current excuse for gyms with 1 actual gym leader while others are NPCs. I'm talking about how gyms should've been, before when pixel was still ver 3.5.1, when I made my team to be Bug GL, when I did countless trips to jungle warp and back just to hunt down enough perfect IV venipedes and yanmas and whatever else I needed. Back when everybody struggled to beat Flying gym, to this day skeri's gyarados gives me PTSD. Those were the good times, when staff actually made an effort and didn't have lives. I don't care about NPC GLs, i want actual human gym leaders, actual challenge. People actually wanted to come back, because of nostalgia or boredom or whatever their reason was, yet nobody tried to make server better and now it's dead again. Whenever I check dynmap 0 players are online (checked rn as I'm writing this, still 0/69).

SORB is dead

homie I CAN'T HAVE ACTUAL GYM LEADERS IF PEOPLE DON'T APPLY FOR IT TF

(click to show/hide)

Offline Amkoo

• Retired Staff Member
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Discord: Amko
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2019, 10:46:10 pm »

SORB is dead

You have a point.only one player applied

Offline ρ๏ℓ¥

• Hermit
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 27
  • Expose him! >o<
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2019, 11:03:11 pm »

SORB is dead

Something tells me homie wasn't supposed to be homie lol

I honestly forgot what we were talking about. Minecraft has been seeing a lot more attention recently due to YouTube videos and such but I feel like people don't really get around on the internet looking for underrated servers, or should I say cracked servers, like they used to. There is an increase now compared to the past couple years after Minecraft's prime, but I feel like people's attention spans have now dwindled past unbelief.

It's hard to revive a server that did indeed have a dedicated player base, but as the rest of the world or rather, servers, evolves, sometimes it feels like this one is just left behind.

Perhaps it's a lack of staff able and willing to put in a large amount of time and effort into making the server really clean and such. Not saying that the people who are working on it now are slacking, I get it that everyone has lives outside of this place, but because there's few people who are working on it, it takes a lot more time and you get burnt out a lot easier.

I'll say it from a relatively old player perspective, things were just better when people didn't have so much to do and so little time to do it. The old player base had a different mindset from how players do now, we didn't know better from all the new stuff that keeps popping up. I'm sure a lot of people will agree that back when they were in their prime on their own respective servers, like me in Vanilla 1.5.2 or Alex and those guys on Pixelmon, that was the time that everyone was the most active, not just staff. It was just a time where people just had fun with friends and such. Friendly people, just playing and having a good time.

I'm not sure how to put that feeling into what the servers are now. The staff could be friendlier or whatever but I think at the bottom line is for me is that magic that was there was probably carried by a lot of people's friends leaving. It died real quick after that.

Tl;dr players should be friends first and numbers later

Honestly that was just a long rant that didn't really have a good payoff
prob why I can never finish a story I write

Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Do not discuss ban disputes or any applications in the shoutbox. We do not solve them here!
  • Dutchy: are you ok?
    November 11, 2019, 12:09:51 pm
  • ProWhovian: dutchy bring back my life
    November 10, 2019, 03:47:54 am
  • Ernestas: V was my idea I think
    November 09, 2019, 11:34:22 pm
  • Dutchy: how about bringing back vanilla? that would be amazing, right? i'm a genius.
    November 09, 2019, 10:40:57 pm
  • Ernestas: a modpack that's on version 1.2.5
    November 09, 2019, 11:32:40 am
  • Ernestas: lol yes bring back a modpack from 2012
    November 09, 2019, 11:32:21 am
  • Tark: dutchy bring back tekkit classic plz
    November 08, 2019, 11:38:12 pm
  • rosaline: merhaba
    November 08, 2019, 05:13:50 pm
  • Dutchy: bonjour
    November 08, 2019, 03:35:29 pm
  • Ernestas: sup